Dealing with Pessimism
- Only see the negative in other people.
- Focus on the darkest parts of life.
- Assume the worst in any given circumstance.
- Behave as if the entire world is against them.
- Negatively influence the attitudes of those around them.
- May believe God is the author of “evil.”
How do you avoid and/or overcome a pessimistic state?
- Forget about yourself and remember God.
Paul’s encouragement: Rom 8:31-39
- God is for us.
- God will give us all we need.
- We are not condemned but justified through Jesus.
- We cannot be separated from the love of Jesus.
- God enables us to resist temptation that leads to pessimism.